When 811 On-Call Can’t Help… By law before you dig you are required to call the local One-Call service to mark out utilities. These only include public utilities, not privately owned utilities.
- Verify One-Call locates
- Mark out Privately owned utilities:
- Electric Lines
- Telephone / Data
- Sewer / Storm / Drainage
- Water / Irrigation
- Gas / Oil / Steam / Product Lines
A contractor must dig in an area that is known to have both private and publicly owned utilities.
- Accuracy of One-Call is in question
- Utility is privately owned and cannot be marked by One-Call
- Drawings of area are not reliable or don’t exist for underground utilities
- Depth to known utility is unknown
Ground Penetrating Radar, or GPR for short, has the ability to image subsurface targets below the surface to identify the location of utilities.
- Able to locate both metallic and non-metallic pipes
- Identify depth to target
- Locate abandoned lines not on drawings
- Verify One-Call markouts